9 1:Upgrading Project.net in Production environment
 Upgrading Project.net in a Production Environment
Installing a new version of Project.net into a production environment is easier than the initial deployment. The basic steps include:
- Stop the Project.net application and back-up the database.
- Run any Project.net database upgrade scripts.
- Replace the existing Project.net WAR file with the new one.
- Restart the application and restore any configuration settings that were reset to their default values.
- Log in and validate the installation.
 Upgrade Requirements
Before upgrading a Project.net installation there are two requirements you will need to meet:
- You will need the same account capabilities and access permissions as required during the original installation (see Project.net Installation Requirements).
- You will need a copy of the desired Project.net installation package, available from the Downloads page.