9 1:Project.net Installation Requirements
 Preparing to Install Project.net
In addition to the required hardware and software to run Project.net, you will need some information prior to installing Project.net. This list outlines those requirements based on the servers you need to install.
 To install the Oracle database server you need:
- Remote access to the console of the database server (Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, !SecureClient, etc)
- System username and password authorized to install software
- Access to the Oracle install package (local hard drive or Internet download)
 To create and configure the Project.net database you will need:
- The hostname of the Oracle database server.
- Remote access to the database server or the system that will host the Project.net application server.
- A working copy of sqlplus installed on this system. Normally, sqlplus is installed with the Oracle database, but if not, the Oracle instant client is sufficient.
- The system password for the Project.net database instance.
- A Project.net database has two users, you will need to specify passwords for these users.
 To set up your Project.net application server you will need:
- Remote access to the console of the application server (Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, !SecureClient, etc)
- Username and password authorized to install software
- Access to the Project.net install package (local hard drive or Internet download)
- A mechanism for copying files to the application server (ftp, WinSCP, Internet)
- SqlPlus access to the database server from the application server
- Project.net database SID
- User name and passwords for the two Project.net database users, as defined above.
- The fully qualified name of your Project.net server (e.g. login.project.net)
- The location of the document vault file store. This can be a location on a local or network file share.
- The location of a temporary storage area for Project.net to use while uploading files, such as C:\temp. This can be a location on a local or network file share.
- You will need to know the information for your SMTP mail server: FQDN, port number, user name and password (if required).
- The label on the login page; the default is “Member Log In” (optional).
- The time zone chosen as the default when users register (optional).
- The Project.net Master License Properties file for your installation (this may be provided by Project.net).
- Internet access to the Project.net web server, to test the installation
- Email addresses for the following purposes
|Support Team||Specifies the email address listed in the Help pages for support queries. It is also used if a user submits an automated error report within the application
This name will be displayed in the domain dropdown on the Project.net login page
|Administrator's address||Email address for the Project.net administrator's account (may be the same as the support email address)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|From address||Used as return address in notifications and messages sent from Project.net||Project.net Notification<email@example.com>|
|Feedback address||Feedback initiated from Project.net is sent to this firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Information request||Address listed on the Contact Us page in help email@example.com|
17. URLs for the following purposes (optional)
|Token||Used when someone clicks on||Default Value|
|login.href||...the Project.net Home label on the login page||www.project.net |
|logo.login.href||...the Project.net logo on the login page||www.project.net |
|default.site.href||...any link that does not have a URL specified||www.project.net |
 To utilize an LDAP or AD server for authentication you will need:
To required information for configuring Project.net to use an LDAP or AD server for authentication refer to the Configuring Project.net to use an LDAP or Active Directory Server page.
 To link the application server to a web server you will need:
- Remote access to the console of the web server host system (Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, !SecureClient, etc)
- System username and password authorized to install or configure IIS.
- The Username and password of an account with administrative rights on the application server.
- If desired, the application can be protected using SSL. These certificates usually need to be ordered in advance and configured on the web server prior to the install of the Project.net application.