9 1:Moving a Project.net Installation from One Server to Another
 Moving a Project.net Installation from One Server to Another
These steps discuss the process for moving an installed Project.net server from one system to another. It involves setting up a new copy of Project.net on the new system, moving the data from the old system to the new one and, finally, changing any Project.net system-dependent settings.
If you are using a virtual machine (VM) to create a new server, just follow the directions for changing the hostname to match the new server's hostname.
- Begin by installing Project.net on your new server. Make sure you can log in as appadmin but do not configure anything beyond that.
- Back-up the database and document vault on the existing server.
- Import the database into your new server.
- Copy the document vault to the new server (make sure the folder ownerships and permissions are correct).
- Change the hostname in the new Project.net installation to match that of the new server. You will NOT need to change the Oracle configuration files.