9 0:Admin main
 Where in Project.net
Application Administrator Dashboard
 Checking for a Newer Version of Project.net
 What is Version Check
Project.net will display a message on the Application Metrics page if the version of Project.net currently installed is out of date. This page is only accessible by application administrators.
- If the Project.net version currently running on the server is the same or newer than the number retrieved during the last version check the following message is displayed at the top of the APPLICATION METRICS page: Check for newer version is enabled.
- If the retrieved number is newer than the running version the message will read: There is a newer version of Project.net available.
- If the version check feature is disabled the message will read: Check for newer version is disabled.
- The Utilities > Build Info menu area will display the version number of the latest version, if known, and the version of the currently running application. This information will not be available if the version check feature has been disabled.
 How version check works
Each day the Project.net application contacts a server at Project.net, Inc, to see if a newer version of the application is available. Whenever an application administrator visits the APPLICATION METRICS page the latest version number is displayed. This feature can be turned off from the Utilities / Build Info menu.
 What data is collected
- Aggregate user information
1. Number of active users
2. Number of unregistered, but invited users
3. Total number of users
4. New Registered Users This Month
5. New users over the last three months
6. Average number of new users per month over the last three months
7. Rate of change (average users/month)
- Login information
1. Total logins today
2. Distinct user logins today
3. Average daily distinct user logins
4. User logins over the last 30 days
- Project information
1. Total active businesses
2. Total active projects
3. KB of system storage used for document storage
If you do not wish to report this information to Project.net, Inc. you should disable the Version Check feature, however, your Project.net server will not tell you when a newer version of Project.net is available.
 Disabling version check
To disable or enable the Version Check feature, follow these steps:
- Login to PROJECT.NET using an account with application administrator privileges.
- Enter the Application Administration module by clicking [Admin] at the top of the page, next to the [Logout] link.
- If the Application Metrics page has this message Check for newer version is disabled then the Version Check feature is turned off.
- Select Utilities / Build Info from the menu ribbon.
- On the "New Application Version" line click [Disable Version Check] to disable this feature, the link will change to [Enable Version Check] to allow you to re-enable the feature.
- Note: Due to a minor issue with browser caching, the link may not change and the Application Metrics page may still read that the feature is enabled. If you log out of Project.net and log back in you will see the correct status. This issue has been fixed in the 9.0.1 patch of Project.net.
 Application Metrics
 Aggregate user information
|Active Users||Total number of licensed, registered users on this server|
|Unregistered Users||Number of unregistered, but invited users|
|Total Users||Both registered and unregistered users|
|New Registered Users This Month||The total number of users who have registered with this server this month|
|New Users Last Three Months||A three month running total of newly registered users|
|Ave. New Users Per Month (3 mo.)||Average number of new users per month over the last three months|
|Rate of Change (ave. users/month)||Number of newly registered users less the number of inactivated or deleted accounts|
 Login information
|Total Logins Today||Total number of user logins in the last 24 hours, including users who logged in more than once|
|Distinct User Logins Today||Unique user logins in the last 24 hours|
|Average Daily User Logins (distinct)||Running average of the number of unique user logins each day|
|Users Logged In Over Last 30 Days||Running total of the number of user logins in the last 30 days|
 Project information
|Total Active Businesses||Number of businesses that are not marked Inactive nor have been deleted|
|Total Active Projects||Number of businesses that are not marked Inactive nor have been deleted|
|System Total Document Storage||KB of system storage used for document vault storage|
- Dashboard - Return to the Application Metrics (this) page
- Directory - Add or remove application administrator capabilities to existing user accounts
- Forms - Utilize forms available in the Application Administrator module
- Blog-it - Blogging is not allowed from within the Application Administration module.<\span>